Here we are, in the final hours of 2006. It’s been quite an exciting year! As you all know, of course. :-) I have lots to blog about, but first a recap of 2006 (in a similar style as last year):
- January: I looked through my old blog posts, and nothing happened in January, I decided. :-) I didn’t get to go see End of the Spear, about which I was very disappointed, but I ended up seeing it in February and now I own the DVD so if anyone wants to watch it, you just need to ask. :-)
- February: I went to Nashville to visit Bethany, and had a blast. Also, Paul and I got engaged! Sort of – more like, we set the date finally. :-) I took a trip to Orlando to pick up some wedding related stuff and see my family. Also, I enjoyed watching the Olympics on TV.
- March: Paul and I celebrated our four-year anniversary. I also got Adobe CS2, software over which I had been drooling for quite some time. I started with the wedding preparations, interviewing and nailing down photographers. In the midst of this I took a trip to Taylor for Joanna’s surprise bridal shower, to see everyone, and I got to visit Beth (and Olivia!) and Bethany along the way. Later that month, Zay, Carrie, and Katie stopped by and stayed overnight on their way to and home from Florida. I enjoyed seeing them! The month ended wonderfully with Paul moving to Atlanta! We had gone six months without seeing each other that last time, so as you can expect the reunion was sweet. When Paul moved here, I moved in with Ann and got to know her a lot better.
- April: April began with our Easter cantata, which went wonderfully. I loved that music! I celebrated my one year anniversary living in Atlanta. Paul also started hitting the job search full-time, and was successful because 5 weeks after moving to Atlanta he got the job at CNN. I guess Atlanta has a better job market than New England. :-) The month ended on a sad note with the Taylor van crash. I was pretty affected by it even though I really wasn’t close to any of the people involved.
- May: Paul started working at CNN. I gave a talk at the mother/daughter banquet at my church, which I enjoyed and I think a lot of other people enjoyed as well. I never did type up that speech for my blog… Paul and I continued with wedding plans, including registering for gifts. (SO much fun!) My church threw us a wedding shower, and I spent a lot of time working on thank-you notes. We also drove to Orlando to surprise my mom for Mother’s Day. I love surprising her. :-) Paul and I worked on wedding invitations forever, putting together and hand-writing the addresses for almost 250. Wow!
- June: June was the month for weddings! First was Joanna’s wedding, for which I had the honor and privilege of being a bridesmaid. Then I drove up with Bethany to Michigan for Ann & David’s wedding. We had quite a bit of car problems this month. We also spent many hours wedding planning, as the RSVPs flowed in and we started to finalize the headcount and other details.
- July: Well, well, what can we say about July? :-) Crazy busy wedding plans… I also got my little Corolla which I still love. :-) The month ended with a beautiful wedding… the one day that has changed my life. :-)
- August: We started August in North Carolina and then Helen, GA, then back to Atlanta. We rearranged our apartment, and I cut my hair. I also took a day off work and changed my name. Beth and I started our blog, Onward & Upward.
- September: September started my weekend migraines. Paul and I also decided on a townhouse to move to, and we turned in our 60-day notice for the apartment.
- October: I went to the doctor for my migraines. We also had a scare with my brother and his migraines, which he seems to be okay now (thank God!). At the end of the month, we went to New England for a second wedding reception. We had a really good trip, and we got to meet Becky and Matthew. We also hung out with Nichole and Micah and overall had a great trip.
- November: My parents had to be in Atlanta for some church speaking engagements, so they stayed with us for a week. We moved into our current townhouse, and started unpacking. My sister came for a week over Thanksgiving, and I loved having her here. We went to the Kirschner’s for Thanksgiving Day, and the following weekend we had fun decorating for Christmas. Amy also took some pictures of Paul and I for our first Christmas together.
- December: Paul and I went to see the Festival of Trees and enjoyed our day together. We got ready for our first Christmas together with my family in Orlando. Then was my 24th birthday, which we celebrated by going to Universal Studios with AJ. It was a lot of fun, and now we’re back in Atlanta celebrating New Year’s!
Happy 2007, everyone!!