This will most likely be my last post of 2007. Wow! How time flies. Paul and I have had a great weekend of rearranging the apartment’s furniture – more on that later. For now, I offer a recap of 2007, in keeping with my traditional posts from 2006 and 2005.
- January: Jera joined our lives. We actually got her one year ago today. I also moved my blog to twentysixcats.com.
- February: Paul and I continued to get adjusted to being puppy parents, which was really hard on us. We enrolled Jera in a puppy obedience training program which helped I think.
- March: For Paul’s birthday we spent the weekend at a cabin up in the north Georgia mountains. We had a great time! Also, Beth welcomed a little son into the world.
- April: My blog turned 3 years old. Paul, Jera, and I went camping for the first time together in the North Georgia mountains and had a lovely time.
- May: Becky and Katherine visited Georgia, so Susan and I drove down to have lunch with them. Also, the series finale of Gilmore Girls aired. :-( So sad that it’s over! Paul, Jera, and I went camping again – this time with my parents and siblings.
- June: The beginning of a busy summer, yet a time when I was dealing with a lot of difficult emotions (I mostly kept this struggle off my blog, though I alluded to it here). Paul and I made our first trip up to Indiana for Sopeak & Zay’s wedding – which was such a wonderful trip. Also, the office where I had been working moved to a new building which allowed me to begin walking to work. (Paul’s car was out of commission at this time, due to a costly repair which we finally fixed in August.)
- July: What can I say about July? BUSY. :-) July 7th: wedding #2, July 13th: wedding #3, July 21st: wedding #4. Our first anniversary on July 29th. We got to see old friends at each wedding, which was a welcome break for us. Also, the first annual Gerig reunion went off successfully the weekend of July 14th. (Stay tuned for news about the 2008 reunion! Yes, I’m already starting to plan it! :-)) A sad note: Jera ran away that same weekend. :-(
- August: After acknowledging that Jera would not be returning, we got a new puppy: Zoey. She was 10 weeks old and adorable. Also, Tree welcomed her own little baby boy, Jeremiah! I walked to work most of the month, but towards the end the heat was too unbearable so we fixed the car.
- September: We traveled to North Carolina to spend Labor Day with my sister (who is in college near there) and extended relatives. I enjoyed visiting my sister’s college. We also starting attending a new church, as their newlywed’s sunday school class had its kickoff luncheon. The best thing about this month was celebrating with Susan and Adrian for wedding #5. The month ended badly, with me losing my job.
- October: I adjusted to being a stay-at-home-wife as Paul and I made the decision for me not to look for a new job. We moved to a new apartment this month, and I’m still unpacking and organizing from that! I start trying to build up my freelance business.
- November: I drove up to NC to bring my sister down to Atlanta for the weekend. I loved being with her, though the play she came down to see was a bit disappointing. That same weekend we gave Zoey away to a new family. I got the nastiest comments I have ever received on my blog in response to this decision, which made me sad. We spent Thanksgiving with Beth and her family.
- December: Christmas time! We were extremely organized this year for Christmas, sending out Christmas cards fairly on time and getting all the presents bought and wrapped in plenty of time. We spent a week in Florida for my brother’s wedding (wedding #6!) on December 15th. We returned to Atlanta and spent Christmas morning at CNN and then the afternoon/evening with Susan and her family!
I hope everyone has a wonder New Year’s! We are going to have a low-key evening, since Paul has to work tomorrow morning at 7am. (I really don’t understand how they can ask him to work Thanksgiving, Christmas, AND New Year’s!) I have a “goals for 2008″ post planned so look for that tomorrow or the next day. And if I don’t get to it, happy birthday to Joanna on Wednesday!!