first day of vbs!
I can’t believe Savannah is old enough for Vacation Bible School! I signed her up for two VBS’s this summer – today was the first day of the first one. She seemed to really enjoy it! She just barely squeaked by to get in, since the age cut-off was Sept 1st.
So, a lot has been going on here, as usual.
* For Memorial Day, we went down to Orlando for my nephew’s 2nd birthday. He had a car-themed birthday party which my sister-in-law Molly did a fabulous job planning! Afterward, my mom babysat and we got to go see the Star Trek movie! I really enjoyed it and spending time with my family.
Food at the party
Drew, Caroline, and Aunt Mamie
* While in Orlando, we enjoyed exploring a water park near my parents’ house.
* The next weekend, I threw a Blessingway for my friend Cicely. It was very lovely, and I really do want to write a whole separate post on it.
* The following weekend after that, we went to Indiana for our annual Gerig Hall Reunion! We had a lovely time. I really love my Taylor friends!
* Since we’ve been back, Paul has been working 14+ hour days, as well as working over the weekend. I won’t write my REAL opinion about that on this public blog.
* Yesterday, we went back for a visit to the church where we got married. We left there about 6 years ago, so it was a lot of fun to visit and introduce my girls to old friends! The pastor who was there when we attended had since moved on to a church in Pennsylvania, and he was also back for a visit. It was really nice to see him again, and meet his new grandson who was baptized yesterday.
* Coming up: Next on the calendar is our family photos at the end of the month. I am excited about this. :-)
* Next month is Caroline’s first birthday!! :-o I know, can you believe she is almost a year old already? I am planning a “Sweet Caroline” themed party. I really need to get on with planning that!
* Also next month we hope to go camping with my friend Beth and her kids. We also plan to go to a homeschooling conference to check out all the curriculum.
I’m sure there are more things but that’s what’s at the forefront of my mind right now. Busy days!
One thought on “first day of vbs!”
I can’t believe that Caroline is almost one. Let me know if you need help with planning
Comments are closed.