I can’t believe Savannah is old enough for Vacation Bible School! I signed her up for two VBS’s this summer – today was the first day of the first one. She seemed to really enjoy it! She just barely squeaked by to get in, since the age cut-off was Sept 1st.
So, a lot has been going on here, as usual.
* For Memorial Day, we went down to Orlando for my nephew’s 2nd birthday. He had a car-themed birthday party which my sister-in-law Molly did a fabulous job planning! Afterward, my mom babysat and we got to go see the Star Trek movie! I really enjoyed it and spending time with my family.
Food at the party
* While in Orlando, we enjoyed exploring a water park near my parents’ house.
* The next weekend, I threw a Blessingway for my friend Cicely. It was very lovely, and I really do want to write a whole separate post on it.
* The following weekend after that, we went to Indiana for our annual Gerig Hall Reunion! We had a lovely time. I really love my Taylor friends!
* Since we’ve been back, Paul has been working 14+ hour days, as well as working over the weekend. I won’t write my REAL opinion about that on this public blog.
* Yesterday, we went back for a visit to the church where we got married. We left there about 6 years ago, so it was a lot of fun to visit and introduce my girls to old friends! The pastor who was there when we attended had since moved on to a church in Pennsylvania, and he was also back for a visit. It was really nice to see him again, and meet his new grandson who was baptized yesterday.
* Coming up: Next on the calendar is our family photos at the end of the month. I am excited about this. :-)
* Next month is Caroline’s first birthday!! :-o I know, can you believe she is almost a year old already? I am planning a “Sweet Caroline” themed party. I really need to get on with planning that!
* Also next month we hope to go camping with my friend Beth and her kids. We also plan to go to a homeschooling conference to check out all the curriculum.
I’m sure there are more things but that’s what’s at the forefront of my mind right now. Busy days!