Stolen from Nichole’s blog!
1) Of the various cultures, ethnicities or nationalities you belong to, which most strongly do you consider yourself? Hmm this is toughie… I feel like I’m American through and through. My ancestors came over on the Mayflower :-) (I’m not kidding!) I’m part German and English, and who knows what else… But I don’t feel a kinship to either of those.
2) Is there a culture you cannot claim heritage from but which you feel quite close to? I’d have to say Peruvian culture, since I lived there so long.
3) What’s one language you wish you knew fluently? French – it’s so beautiful when spoken… But I have no desire to learn it right now. When they perfect Matrix-style learning, then I’ll take up French. :-)
4) If you could move anywhere in the world and be guaranteed a job, etc., where would you go? I don’t know because I would want to stay near my family. I’m pretty happy here in Atlanta; I don’t know where else I would go. :-) Vacations elsewhere might be fun… Greece, Italy, Australia, the Caribbean…
5) If you had a time machine, and could witness any one event without altering or disturbing it, what would you want to see? I’d love to witness the 1940’s, but that’s not really an event. Maybe VE-Day? I just love the 1940’s. Except I would like to experience the culture, not just watch.
So it’s Friday night and I am busy! I have to get my apartment cleaned up. My desire is to do some major cleaning. I was looking at my stove and seeing how there’s all these little bits of food and stuff down in the burner… yeah I need to clean them. I also really want to sell some stuff on Ebay to 1) get it out of my house to make room for the combining of two peoples’ junk and 2) make a little bit of extra money to help pay for this wedding. So I’m hoping that in this “spring cleaning” frenzy I’ll uncover things I can sell.
Sigh, break is over. Back to work. :-p