First post of 2006! Happy New Year, ya’ll! My sister left this morning to go back to Orlando, so it’s suddenly quiet. I was just thinking about 2005, and wondering what 2006 has in store. A year ago I would never have guessed that I would be where I am now, so it’s exciting to think of all the things God has in store for me. Of course He could have not so good things as well, but I’ll be optimistic.
A recap of 2005:
- January: Tree’s wedding at the end of January. So much fun! It was great seeing everyone, and seeing some of my favorite people get married. I also enjoyed partaking of the wine at the reception, and seeing Anna’s face when she saw me. ;-)
- February: I started working the night shift as a freelance designer. It was fun at first, but the 60 hour weeks got old fast. I remember being tired all the time.
- March: Paul and I both were offered great jobs within a week of each other. The only downside: they were (are) in two different parts of the country.
- April: I moved to Atlanta, started working my first real job, and moved into my first apartment. A lot of changes, but it has been good.
- May: I saw my family and Paul. The graduation part has not very happy memories for me. I did enjoy seeing Taylor friends though.
- June: I enjoyed being able to talk to Beth Z. a lot during her last month of pregnancy. I’m looking through my blog and… there’s not much that happened in June (except for Nichole getting married! Hehe wish I could have gone to that wedding).
- July: Hands down, the best part of July was going up to Indiana for Frankie and Anna’s wedding! Seeing all the Taylor people, hanging out forever at Fazzoli’s, going to the hospital and meeting Olivia Z. for the first time… Good times, good times.
- August: Went white-water rafting for the first time with my company. It was a blast. And I didn’t die. :-)
- September: Phantom of the Opera at the Fox Theater!! Oh yeah, I love that musical… “That’s all I ask of you…”
- October: Visited Paul in Rhode Island. It makes a huge difference when you are able to see the day-to-day life of someone you love. It reduces the distance, I think.
- November: I saw Beth B. and Carla, two old (and good!) friends. It was really great. I miss Beth a lot since she’s moved to Houston.
- December: I sang with my church in a Christmas cantata, which my family and the Garrisons all came for. It was fun to sing, fun to be with friends and family again, fun to pretend it was the 1940s. Yeah, overall fun. :-)
What does 2006 have in store for us? Now for a few New Year’s goals (resolutions, I guess):
- Exercise regularly and make an attempt to eat healthier
- Stick to my budget instead of making excuses
- Be more organized (I got a dayplanner for Christmas!)
- Work on making God the center of my life… Try to be consistent with quiet times… Turn to Him before my family or Paul (so hard!)… End 2006 being able to look back and see how much I’ve grown in Christ
There it is, for the world to read… Now I have no excuses about those four areas of my life. :-) By the way, I’m curious what ya’ll thought about the pictures from the aquarium. Amy and I spent forever working on that blog post. :-) Leave a comment and let me know what you think!