I apologize… Try as I might it is SO hard not to post about “baby”! It truly is the biggest thing on my mind right now. And I am VERY aware of her presence pretty much all the time.
* Last night I was laying in bed and I had my hand on my tummy, as I often lay. I suddenly felt a movement go up my abdomen, and it was very definitely a little hand or a little foot! I usually can’t feel it that clearly, so it made me happy.
* This past week seemed to be a lot of firsts for me. I feel like it’s the first week I truly felt uncomfortable all day with the extra weight and pressure.
* My fingers and feet have started to swell. I had to take off my wedding rings and that made me terribly sad. I want to get another cheapie band to wear in the meantime, but I’m having a hard time finding one (thanks to my sensitive skin that doesn’t tolerate metal). Fortunately, it is summer so I’m still able to wear most of my sandals.
* Heartburn has gotten worse. Milk is my friend. I try to avoid taking Tums, opting for a glass of milk and some yogurt first. If I need to I sleep on two pillows, but that gives me a headache so I try to avoid it.
* I’m starting to get some stretch marks. Dang! I was getting too cocky and thinking I was going to completely avoid them. Actually, I can’t see them as they are on the underside of my tummy – I just see them in the mirror.
* I’m hot all the time. Even when it’s not hot outside, I still feel hot. I also have been getting these weird things like “hot flashes” where I suddenly get very very warm in my face and neck, and I feel like I’m burning up as if the sun is beating straight down on my body. My relief is a cool washcloth and laying down in bed with the fan pointed directly at me. I downloaded some free games to my iPod Touch and I spend a lot of time in bed.
* I’m sure I will have more to say later. I’m going to bed for now.