I just made up my own meme. Five things on Friday. It might already exist, but I’m too tired to try and find something. So I’ll just continue on…
1. I had an appointment with a hematologist on Tuesday. She seemed unconcerned about everything; I guess because she sees a lot of people who are much worse than me. I was the youngest patient there by 20 years or more. She did some more bloodwork (lupus and something else), and will call on Tuesday. She told me to take a baby aspirin and a bunch of other things, so here is my new daily pill regimen: 1 baby aspirin, 3 folic acid, 1 B6, 1 B12, 1 prenatal, and 2 progesterone. She doesn’t see a problem with pregnancy, and neither does my perinatologist, so we’ll work from here I guess. I have a history of being bad with daily pills (don’t ask me how often I took my prenatals when I was pregnant with Savannah!), so I am starting now in order to get in the habit. I am in the middle of my cycle, so I guess next month we can start officially trying if we decide to do that. I might want to wait another month though… I feel weird discussing this on my blog, so that’s probably all I’ll say about that. :-)
I didn’t get a chance to ask about my migraines. She did say to be careful when I’m on long trips – make sure I’m moving around to avoid any blood clots in my legs. She also said I will have to be careful if I ever have surgery, but I’m sure we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
2. I bought an old dresser and am working on refinishing it. It had been decorated with stickers and glitter in years past and so I scraped it off and sanded it, and am hopefully going to paint it tomorrow. It’s going to go in Savannah’s room – she needs a place for her clothes! I hope it turns out nicely, because this is my first time attempting a project like this. I’ll post pictures on my house blog when I’m done.
3. Paul got his holiday schedule and he’s working on Christmas this year. :-( We were going to go to Orlando, but we’ll be home I guess. Oh well! We enjoyed making our own memories at home last year. And although I like being with my family, I also do like being in Atlanta instead of Florida. For some reason, having a cold Christmas just seems *right*. :-) (And I say this having spent most of my childhood in a country where Christmas was at the beginning of summer.) Oh and speaking of seasons – fall is in full swing here in Atlanta and it is BEAUTIFUL! I really should just take my camera and start taking pictures. I just love driving and seeing all the fall colors.
4. We had grass put in our backyard two weeks ago, and it is starting to peek up through the straw! I am so excited. I hope next spring we have a nice yard for Savannah to play in. Right now we mostly play in the front yard, where it’s slightly nerve-wracking being on a corner and having streets on two sides of us.
5. I am attending an all-day strategic planning session for the birth center this weekend! I am very excited. I hope this will give me a lot of ideas for the website and our Facebook page (and all the other social media things we’re part of).
Okay it was way more difficult than I expected to write 5 things. I’m going to go watch CSI:NY now!