The goal is to declutter, which should help make your home look nicer and your life more organized. Other advantages:
1. You might find things you’d forgotten you had.
2. We usually have more Stuff than we need. Most of the time, we have good intentions but just need motivation.
3. Donating those things that you never use could help someone else who needs it.
4. Donations by the end of this calendar year can be claimed on your 2010 taxes!
5. Using Freecycle will repurpose an item and save it from landfills.
6. Selling off things you never use will give you extra money to save or buy things you will use.
7. Christmas is coming, which usually means more Stuff. This will help clear the way for that stuff!
8. Many of us have guests for Christmas. Less cluttered house will be more pleasant for visitors!
9. Less clutter is a great way to start the new year!
Okay I am going to go work on my list now. I’m trying to figure out what room to tackle first… I’m thinking the utility room?? :-)