1. I’m so tired of people walking through our yard. They like to cut off the corner, and because of landscaping in the yard they walk right up next to the house. It really bothers me, this disregard for personal property. I hope to put in a fence, but can’t afford that right now, so I’m thinking of a poor-man’s fence of stick and rope.
2. Recently when I got an “overdue notice” in the mail for a medical bill I thought I’d paid. You know, the notices that threaten to send to collections if we don’t pay in 15 days. I was confused, especially when I checked my back account and saw it was paid on Sept 24th and this “past due” notice was dated Oct 3rd. I called Friday to find out what was going on, and she said “Oh it takes a while for it to be processed. Wait 10 more days.” I guess I’ll take her word on that…
3. Paul’s been making a lot of pumpkin pies. I hope to post an updated “how to make a pumpkin pie from scratch” recipe in the next few days.
4. My cats are peeing and pooping everywhere and it’s driving me nuts. I went to do laundry this weekend and discovered they had peed on some of the clothes in the laundry. So yes, I had to go through and sniff every article of clothing and determine if it was just dirty or dirty+cat pee. Blech!
5. I wore a shirt to our church community group yesterday, and decided after we had left home that it was too low-cut. (Normally I wear a shirt underneath.) I had my Moby wrap with me, so I put it around me (the color matched perfectly!). It kept me modest and I got to explain how it worked to one of the other moms who noticed and asked. :-)
6. I leave on Thursday for my Pittsburgh/NYC trip. I am super nervous. Mostly, I am worried about juggling everything I need to bring along with Savannah. I’m trying to pack light, but I don’t want to run out of things either. I’m also worried about navigating NYC on my own, since I’ve never been there.
7. I was in bed all day Saturday with a migraine, so we didn’t get to go to the North Georgia apple festival like we wanted. I’ve been getting headaches a lot lately, and it’s frustrating. A friend suggested I might be getting rebound headaches from the Excedrin I take, so I’ve been trying to nurse myself back to health without any meds. I gave in on Saturday, unfortunately. So frustrating!