1. I did not realize it, but today is Corrie’s 3rd birthday! Or, rather, 3 years since I got her… since she was already a few years old when I got her. I still love my car, though not *quite* as obsessed. We plan on keeping her for a long time… but as my own values and needs change, I’m finding myself thinking of other cars that might serve our needs better… Like a bigger “family car” or perhaps a minivan. :-) But those are all the future; we are happy with Corrie in the meantime and probably won’t look to get a bigger car until child #2 is on the way.
2. Today a stranger came up to me in the grocery store and said something about me having a redheaded baby. People ask me that ALL the time! I’ve stopped trying to explain biology and recessive genes to people and just say, “Oh it would be cool to have a redhead!”
3. Unfortunately it looks like the house fell through. :-( I have another blog post half-written about that specifically, but I don’t feel in the mood to finish it right now so maybe sometime in the near future. Looks like we’ll be staying in the one-bedroom apartment for now, while we figure out what we want our next course of action to be. I have started getting rid of things again, to make room for baby stuff… and this time I’m having to get rid of things we’d actually like to keep. :-( Oh well, it’s only stuff, right?
4. We’ve been keeping very busy with various activities. We are attending a Dave Ramsey class once a week, learning about personal finance. It’s been good so far. We also have a weekly childbirth class which I think will be really beneficial. I told the teacher I am absolutely terrified about this whole labor and delivery thing, so hopefully she is able to help me tackle those fears.
5. I’m trying to keep up with housekeeping and dishes and actually making dinner every night. I’m trying to get into more of a routine so we’re not as tempted to eat out all the time. It’s hard and not too much fun, but necessary I know.