going out with a pitter-patter

going out with a pitter-patter

So this is my last week at work.

As I mentioned earlier, things have been going well at work and I definitely wasn’t feeling like I was anxious to leave (you know, senioritis). I have been determined to put the same effort into my work as if I wasn’t leaving. I didn’t want to just peter out like some people do, until they only work a half day on their last day because the boss really doesn’t know what to do with them. I wanted to work my best until the end.

I woke up on Tuesday with a really bad sore throat. I knew what that meant. Every single one of my colds starts with a sore throat. I usually get one cold in the spring or fall, if I get a cold at all. (Believe it or not, it was MUCH worse in Peru. Lima is the *worst* city for allergies… just imagine Los Angeles pollution, combined with NO rain… and not California’s version of “it doesn’t rain here” – I don’t believe that, after seeing it rain for five straight days while I was there. I lived in Lima for 9 years and never saw a drop of rain. THAT kind of “no rain”. When I lived in Peru, I got bad colds every March and every August like clockwork, and they usually lasted about 6 weeks. My health is happier in the States.)

Anyways… So I woke up with a sore throat on Tuesday that quickly turned into congestion. My head was foggy and a dull sinus headache was starting. I actually worked until 3:30 on Tuesday and went home early, where I promptly took a 2 hour nap. Wednesday I didn’t feel much better but I had to work all day. It’s been frustrating because the congested head makes it hard to concentrate on work. I just want to curl up and go to sleep! I usually a pretty fast worker, but I’ve been rather slow these past few days because it takes me longer to process things.

Today is my normal day off. I volunteer at the cat shelter every other Thursday morning, and I’m so grateful that this week is my off week. I went to bed at TEN last night! Can you believe it?? You know I’m sick when I go to bed that early. :-) Of course, then I woke up at 3:30am completely wide awake. I couldn’t get comfortable because my cold has now turned into runny-nose-cough plus congestion and dull sinus headache. I laid awake until Paul went to work at 6:30. I realized that I felt better sitting up, so I decided to try and prop my body up with pillows and see if that helped. It did, and I fell asleep again and woke up at 11.

So now I’m taking it easy today. I desperately want to feel better for tomorrow, which is my last day at work. I wanted to end on a strong note, but I feel more as if I’m just pitter-pattering away because I don’t feel well. Argh! Why couldn’t I have gotten sick NEXT week??

That’s the way the cookie crumbles, I guess.

3 thoughts on “going out with a pitter-patter

  1. Hey! I hope you’re last day of work went well! I have a question for you though… how come you’re exactly 1 week ahead of me (25 and 2 days, while I’m 24 and 2 days). Yet you have 104 days left, and I have 121?! That’s a 17 day difference! Did you find a way to make the baby come sooner? ;)

  2. Hmm well I have two different counters on my Baby page and both say 104 days, so my guess is your Lilypie thing is mixed up. Maybe you should try redoing it?

  3. Yay, it worked! I just skipped 10 days! :) At some point I thought the day counter was going slowly, but I figured it was my imagination…

Comments are closed.

Comments are closed.