25 things about christmas
Saw this at Kacie’s blog and decided to join in. :-)
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I love wrapping presents to make them look pretty. For presents that are weirdly shaped, I prefer to stick them in a gift bag
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, of course!
3. When do you put up the tree? The weekend after Thanksgiving if we can
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas
5. Do you like egg nog? Not after watching the eggnog drinking contest during the annual Gerig Christmas Open House
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It’s hard to pinpoint just one gift. Some that stick out in my mind: a bike when I was 6, an American Girl doll when I was 10
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes a beautiful one I got a few years ago
8. Hardest person to buy for? Paul’s side of the family
9. Easiest person to buy for? Either Paul or my sister
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, definitely
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Irving Berlin’s “White Christmas”
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? No set time, but when people give me their Christmas lists I generally start keeping an eye out for things. I love buying gifts for people, so it’s like a treasure hunt for me.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only for White Elephant gift exchanges.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Stuffing… or cranberry sauce… or the egg-sausage casserole that my aunt makes for Christmas morning breakfast.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear lights, but I’m not very picky about that.
17. Favorite Christmas song? That usually changes year by year! Generally my favorite Christian song is “O Holy Night” and my favorite secular song is “Sleigh Ride”
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Either; I just like being with the people I love.
19. Can you name all of Santaâ€™s reindeers? Hmm I got up to 6…
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Right now I have a glittery gold snowflake/star on the top of mine.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One present on Christmas Eve, and the rest on Christmas morning!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? When people do things because they think it’s what someone else wants, and then complain behind their backs about the other person being selfish.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? My first year I decorated my tree with all red and gold balls and white lights. It looked really awesome! I love it when a tree is full of meaningful and special ornaments, though.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I’m not sure what this question is asking, but I’ll refer to question #15 for the answer.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? My two front teeth! Hehe