I got tagged by Laane for the middle name meme! I love my middle name, so this is fun.
- You have to post the rules before you give the facts.
- You must list one fact that is relevant to your life for each letter in your middle name. If you donâ€™t have a middle name then use a name that you like.
- When you are tagged you must write a post containing your own middle name game facts.
- At the end of your post you must tag one person for each letter in your middle name.
- Donâ€™t forget to comment them telling that they are tagged and to read your post to get the rules.
And now, for my middle name, Elaine (which I share with my mother and hopefully will share with my daughter someday):
- E: Eyes. I have a unique eye color that changes depending on what I wear and my mood. (That’s a guess. I don’t know when it changes.) Sometimes my eyes look green, sometimes blue, and sometimes grey. For a long time, in high school, I wore green-colored contacts. I loved them!
- L: Late-night owl. This should come as no surprise. :-) When I was in college, I regularly stayed up until 3 or 4 am. I considered going to bed at 1 “very early”. Now, I go to bed much earlier since I have to get up for work, but I still stay up later on weekends. And it’s not too uncommon to see me still up and around at midnight or 1am. :-)
- A: Animals. I love animals. (Well, except for bugs. I don’t like them as much. And big animals that could hurt me can just keep their distance.) Getting a fish when I was in college really helped pull me out of the depression I was feeling at the time. I would love to get a gerbil, and a leopard gecko, but for now I need to be content with 2 kitties and a puppy. :-) And a fish.
- I: Impulse buying. My tragic flaw (one of them, anyways). I’m all for the instant-gratification! I’ve been trying to curb this, and I try to force myself to go through my shopping cart before I check out and put back impulse purchases.
- N: Napkins. At one point in my childhood, I collected napkins. I had a box of carefully folded napkins that I was saving. I remember when I finally threw them away – they were so wrinkled and some were torn!
- E: Excited. I get really excited over silly little things. When I was younger and in the States for the first time, people didn’t appreciate that side of me very much (people can be mean!). I’m over that now. :-) I think the secret is to know when it’s appropriate to show your excitement, and when you should control it from certain people.
And now, in the spirit of the game, I’m going to tag 6 people. However, if you don’t want to do it, please don’t feel obligated! This is just in good fun. :-)