Well the Gerig Reunion is only 3 months away! I’m excited. I spent some time today cleaning up and updating the reunion page so you can send people there for details. So far we have about 12 people and 2 little people (i.e. Z. kids) planning to join us so it should be fun! We are going to have a birthday party for Josh Z. since his birthday is that Saturday. I still need to contact some Gerig friends who don’t have blogs… Please help by passing on the word to those you’re still in contact with! You can give people the link to my blog and I’ll make sure it has the most updated information. If you want, you can take the button that’s to the left and put it on your blog, with a link back to the reunion page.
- 78 campsites: 53 conventional drive-in sites; 25 walk-in sites
- Restrooms and showers
- Fees: $15.00 per night. Fees are reduced 50% for holders of Senior Pass/Golden Age and Access Pass/Golden Access card holders.
- Camping is on a first come/first serve basis.
- Site renewal is by 10 a.m. Check out is noon.
- Quiet hours are 10 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Site limits are: 8 people per site, 1 vehicle for walk-in sites, 2 tents per site
- Tents must be on a pad.
- Pets must be attended, caged, or on a leash of a maximum length of 6 feet.
- Donâ€™t bring firewood from ash trees to the park. Burn all firewood, take no firewood home. Firewood available for purchase at local stores.
I think it should be fun! I know not everyone is going to camp. Some have talked about staying with friends/relatives in the Chicago area and just coming for the day on Saturday; others have talked about getting a nearby hotel room. I don’t have any information about either of those, but if you are planning on the latter let me know what hotel and I’ll put it here so everyone can be together. :-)
And one last thing: a while ago, I downloaded a map of the dunes. It shows where the campgrounds are in relation to the lake, etc. etc. However, I can’t find it anymore on the site, so I’ll just link to it from here. Enjoy. :-)