Well this has certainly been an exciting week. And busy too. I put in 54 hours in 5 days and I don’t have to work again until Tuesday! Hooray. :-) I asked for today off because I’ve been feeling quite sick recently. But on to my news!
1) The first and best news (I can’t wait until the end, I’m so excited) is that Paul got a job!! Yay!!! I was going to put a link to his blog here, but he hasn’t posted yet about his job so I guess I’ll have to explain it myself. He’ll be doing “a little bit of everything” computers. It’s located outside of Providence, Rhode Island so he’s going to have to move to the state he likes to make fun of. :-) Hehehe Anyways, this is the best news by far and what a great birthday present! (Paul’s birthday is TOMORROW!!) He starts March 28th.
2) I had a job interview on Friday morning. After visiting the office and learning more about the company, I realized it wasn’t something I really wanted. It didn’t seem like a job in which I could really grow, and also I’m not sure I want to be in a place where I would be the only graphic designer. The interview went well, although I didn’t have much enthusiasm because I realized I wasn’t that interested in the job. They asked a lot of good questions (scenarios, where do I get my inspiration, etc.) which I think will help me as I prepare for my interview on Monday.
3) Tomorrow I am driving up to Atlanta and I have an interview on Monday morning. They’re looking to hire two graphic designers. I’m excited about this job and hopefully it will work out.
4) One night this week I came home to find one of the hamsters running around the room. I was confused and the same thing happened the next night. Apparently she can get out of her cage by squeezing between the bars. So I put the hamsters in a little plastic carrier that I had before I went to work yesterday. When I came home, the cats had gotten it open and there was hamster bedding all over the hall and my bedroom. Surprisingly the two hamsters were fine. However, I don’t know what to do. My sister is out of town so I locked them in the bathroom for now. But I’m so scared that they are going to get out and the cats or the dog are going to get them. I wouldn’t want that to happen. :-( I am thinking about returning them to the pet store. *sigh* I don’t want to do that, but I don’t want them killed either. And I’m not home enough to keep an eye on them. Oh this is so hard. :-(
5) After seeing “The Aviator” I was intrigued by the man Howard Hughs. I saw at Barnes and Noble the other day a book on sale for $4 about him, so I got it. It should be interesting. I haven’t started it yet because I just finished “Thornyhold”. But I’ll let you know. ;-)