Busy week! A lot of little stuff has been happening here. Here are a few highlights:
1) The ETC wants me (along with some other people) to be in a promotional video about the Mac Lab in the art building. So I had to go in and do a voice test, and next week I’m going in for pictures. It’s exciting. :-)
2) Midterm grades came out and I have received many notices alerting me that I am failing VisGis. (See, I wasn’t kidding.) In fact, a few minutes ago I got a letter telling me of the tutoring options available for me. *sigh* I hate that class. And I very much hope I do not fail it, since my graduation depends on it. I never thought I would have to worry about this. Stupid 59% on my midterm exam.
3) On Wednesday Joanna L. and I went to Muncie, and Josh (her boyfriend) made us dinner. It was really encouraging to talk to Joanna, and it was a lot of fun to be with Josh too. Note to self: I need to have them over for dinner sometime soon.
4) I’m getting along really well with my roommates, especially Sara. We are a lot alike in many little ways; for example, we both like to look up random things online. We both love to make and take online quizzes. We like to giggle and make jokes and be sarcastic. I love that we go to bed at the same time many nights. The other night, Sara finally said, “Ashley! No talking when the light is off! Stop!” And I couldn’t stop giggling. I’m such a girl.
5) On Thursday I helped Frankie prepare for his proposal to his girl, Anna. :-) That was fun, and to find out how it went I refer you to his blog.
6) Thursday night was the annual Gerig Hall roller skating event. Joanna and I dressed up as 50s girls and we had a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it; I love roller skating. It brought back many happy memories of when Paul and I would go roller skating.
7) My grandparents moved to Florida this week. They are gone from Cartersville, GA forever. It made me so sad. I will never see that house again… I think I’ve blogged about this before.
8) Last night I decided to go visit Josh and Beth in Indy. It was so so good; I really miss them! We went to WalMart and made spaghetti dinner and Beth dyed my hair and then we watched Mona Lisa Smile. (Great movie! I enjoyed it a lot, and I was very excited to recognize all the paintings that are referred to in the movie.)
9) I got back around 2:20am last night, and as I pulled up to Fairlane I could hear the fire alarm sounding and I could see the fire trucks in front. *sigh* So I drove around campus once, and as I was doing that it started to rain. I was absolutely exhausted and all I wanted to do was go to bed, and I definitely didn’t want to go stand in the rain. I didn’t know if I could park my car or what, so finally I just parked in the Fairlane parking lot and layed down in my car until the fire alarm turned off. I got back to my apartment around 3 am. I was so tired, and all I wanted to do was go to bed.
10) This morning I was woken up by my cell phone ringing. I just let it ring, and tried to go back to sleep, but curiosity got the best of me so I got up to see who had called. The caller ID told me that the number 1-111-111-1111 called me. Hmmm….
That’s about it for now. :-) My plan for today: work on my portfolio/resume. Bad Ashley. :-)