Today’s my birthday! I’m spending it here in sunny, warm Orlando. I spent the morning sitting on the porch, enjoying the beautiful weather. It’s so lovely! I’m also enjoying being with my family. We’re going to see Marley & Me later today, and wonderful steak dinner with ice cream cake. Lewis has decided that he’s in heaven on the back porch, investigating all the Orlando bugs, geckos, squirrels, etc. I think he’s going to be mad when we leave to go back to cold(er) Atlanta.
I loved the post Paul and I wrote last year for my birthday, so I am going to repost it.
25 ways to celebrate my birthday
Originally posted December 26th, 2007
In honor of my 25th birthday today, I am posting a list of 25 ways you can celebrate my birthday!
1. Eat twenty-six strawberries.
2. Watch Gone With the Wind and celebrate Atlanta.
3. Have a phone conversation where you hang up 15 minutes after you say, â€œWell I need to go nowâ€¦â€
4. Find someone who has been to Peru and ask them if they know me.
5. Sing happy birthday at 12:26 am or 12:26 pm (or both!).
6. Go to a dog park and exclaim every time you see a beagle.
7. Paint a purple picture.
8. Get a caffeine high from Coke and hop around like a bunny.
9. Spend three hours wandering around Hobby Lobby!
10. Insert â€œyâ€™allâ€ into your conversation as much as possible.
11. Take pictures of kitties with your Nikon DSLR.
12. Dye your hair red.
13. Read (or reread) Anne of Green Gables, paying special attention to the part where she says her red hair will be her â€œlifelong sorrowâ€.
14. Have a conversation about how awesome the packaging design of the Publix brand products looks.
15. Play punchbuggy with Corollas.
16. Offer to redesign your churchâ€™s bulletins.
17. Flip through a magazine and call out the names of all the fonts you recognize.
18. Enjoy a chocolate Frosty from Wendyâ€™s.
19. Have a conversation with someone about why Comic Sans should be banned.
20. Host a Gilmore Girls marathon.
21. Stay up until dawn breaks.
22. Go to an animal shelter and pet the kitties.
23. Write on my wall on Facebook.
24. Post a comment on my blog.
25. Come to Atlanta and visit me!
And new for this year…
26. Call me on my cell phone and wish me happy birthday. :-)