The half-bathroom in the house is downstairs off the den/family room. The picture doesn’t really show the whole extent. That teal color was so BRIGHT. It was way too bold and dark for that room. It took 3 coats of white to cover it up, plus one coat of color! Also, when they painted it teal, they kinda went crazy. They painted over all the hardware (the outlet cover, the towel rod, pipes running to the toilet) and they got it on everything (the faucet, the sink, the medicine cabinet, the floor). (To see what I mean, check out the baseboard in the picture above!)
Completed So Far
- Replaced the toilet in order to comply with our county’s low-flow laws.
- Painted the walls a light shade of purple (leftover paint from the nursery).
- Painted the ceiling and all the trim white.
- Replaced the faucet as the old one was cheap and cracking, and had teal paint all over it.
- Put up a new toilet paper holder and towel rod, to match the brushed nickel faucet.
- Cleaned and scraped teal paint off the sink.