Today I did something I’ve been meaning to do for a long time… It involved spray paint and a project from my Young House Love (YHL) book! I gave our old brass chandelier an update.
It seems that I don’t have a “before” picture, boo. Well here is the closest I have:
One of the glass globes broke a while ago, so we took them all off.
First I collected my spray paint. I used stuff that I already had from a previous project. I ended up buying another can of the metallic spray.
It was pretty dirty, so I cleaned it with a damp rag.
I covered the light bulb sockets with painter’s tape so they wouldn’t get paint in them, and then I started with the primer. I don’t think this is always necessary, but since I already had the primer I decided to go for it.
After the first coat of the metallic spray. It’s somewhat of a charcoal gray – I really love this color.
Closeup, while waiting for it to dry.
I just love the metallic finish.
Once dry, I took off the painter’s tape and put the bulbs back in!
Hanging up! (Sorry for the not great picture – it was getting dark, and if I waited until tomorrow to take a picture I’d probably never get around to it!)
Here it is with the lights on.
I really like it! Definitely an improvement. I’m trying to take care of little projects around the house that will make it look nicer but not really cost money. I also majorly rearranged the living room, so once I get it clean then I’ll get some pictures of that. We’ve lived here almost 4 years and I’m just now feeling like hanging pictures on the wall, heh. :-) Our bedroom has had some major cleaning and it looks great! So maybe pictures of that next.